My Photo
Name:
Location: Singapore

Sunday, May 04, 2008

This Old Man...

The afternoon was really hot, with no visitors coming in for today's outreach. So I sat in the bus alone chatting this bus driver for about half an hour. I think he's probably in his late 50s already. Listening and learning how tough life was for him, it just bothered me for a moment. Alright incase you don't know, to get up at 4 in the morning and travel to places like sembawang, chua chu kang, and some other places that are not only far apart, but its just really exhausting and all that, its just not worth it. I learnt that the old man only gets $12 just for driving that 4am-7am shift. Surprise isn't it?? Maybe for me I guess. I often complain over getting underpaid part-time jobs, jobs that requires me to do nothing actually, maybe just filing and picking up a few calls, all in the comfort of a air-condition office. That's something to reflect on. Anyways, this old man has two sons, one which the son is already sign on to the army, which also means the son is earning a lot. I asked the old man why not just stay home and let your son take care of the family. The old man smiled at me and simply said "I love my son, but I don't want his money." I don't know how to really interprete what he's saying but I guess he just love his son lah. I know there was something in that conversation which I can't put it in words now. So anyway he went on telling me how I should choose a girl these days. Haha I tell you, he's one darn over-concerned father. He told me once I get a girl, I must check her background, her parents, her sibling and most importantly I MUST bring her for a health checkup!! Check for HIVs!! I wanted to laugh but I didn't want to be rude. Who on earth would really do that honestly speaking?? Crazy!! I think my girlfriend would just slap me in the face and walk off!! Alright after that conversation I then realised this man has been driving for VFC over the past 4 years, yup and I guess I'll be seeing him in 2 weeks time again.
.
The outreach still went on even though there were no visitors. I'll say the drama was really good, the place was nice and cosy. Everything was sleek, everything except that no one did the handbilling for this week's outreach, bummer!! And my allowance for this week is pretty pathetic!! Nevermind God shall bless me!!
.
Cindy Ng wasted 30minutes of my time doing a ridiculous 30minutes conversation assignment over msn, I think she has the suck-iest subject and the retard-iest lecturer for that matter!! "Hi, u mind intro yourself? Which school are you from? What course do u take? I tell you ah, Ironman is the best super hero on earth okay!!" (She bull all that nonsense while I was suppose to play the unknown stranger at that point of time...)
.
I finally got to see my two precious yesterday night...

...alright good bye_
.
Hosanna
Hillsong United

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home